Quantity Surveyor (VN897)
Business Area: Eurovia UK
Vacancy Base: Cheshunt
Contract Type: Permanent
Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our Eurovia Surfacing team due to expansion of works.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be required to:
- Undertake the measurement and valuation of works
- Liaise with the site team and subcontractors to prepare monthly valuations
- Assist the site team with recording of variation orders and other site correspondence
- Assist in preparation of target cost schemes
- Assist in cost capture
The successful candidate will have:
- Formal QS degree or similar
- Qualified for a minimum of 3 years
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel essential)
- Working knowledge of NEC (E/W and C/E)
- Experience of SAP
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience with cost and value reporting
- Commercial experience in framework contracts up to £20m turnover
- Conditions of contracts knowledge
- Be able to work to timescales with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Profit and cost focused
- Good interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
This is a full time permanent position with a competitive package.
You must hold a full UK driving licence.
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.