Setting Out Site Engineer (VN843)
Business Area: Highways Operatives
Vacancy Base: East Midlands
Contract Type: Permanent
Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
We are looking for two experienced Site Engineers to join out team. The role will be based in the Operations team, reporting to a Contracts Manager. You will be responsible for setting out on a variety of highway schemes and recording as built information.
As a Setting Out Site Engineer you will be required to:
- Work across our Schemes which will include general highway works, public realm and bridgeworks ranging in value between £500k up to £10m.
- The area covered is extensive ranging from Yorkshire through the Midlands including Buckinghamshire.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree / HND/ HNC in Civil Engineering, combined with experience in setting out highway and bridgeworks or be time served
- You must have over 3 years experience in setting out highway and bridges on highway schemes
- You must have experience using Leica GPS and Leica total station (or other total stations)
- Proficient in the use of CAD; 3D modelling; Microsoft office and Outlook including Excel and Word skills
We are looking for a good team player who understands that the nature of the job will mean sometimes working flexible hours, travelling and staying away from home.
This is a full time permanent position.
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.