Business Area: Bids & Estimating
Vacancy Base: Wath Upon Dearne
County: South Yorkshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
The successful Contracting North Division are looking for an Estimator to support in self-delivering a wide range of civil engineering solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for development or for someone looking to move away from site work into an office role; being able to work alongside some very knowledgeable and experienced team members.
As the Estimator you will be required to:
· Support the Senior Estimator, working closely with the Bid Writer and Commercial Assistant
· Producing works estimations on a variety of projects including carriageway reconstruction, bridge refurbishment and drainage
· Negotiating estimates
· Using Causeway to produce estimates for both competitive tenders and negotiated contracts
· Managing subcontractor costs as and when
· Visit sites, schemes and clients when required
The successful candidate will have:
· Experience within highways / Civils / Groundwork
· 2/3 years industry experience
· Strong IT skills and good knowledge of Microsoft including Excel
· An eagerness to learn and develop
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Logical, methodical approach to work
Although Eurovia Contracting works throughout the UK you will be part of a regional office which provides a more personal service and allows you to be recognised for your proactive approach and enthusiasm to your work.
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.