Quantity Surveyor (VN953)
Business Area: Commercial, Quantity Surveying & Project Management
Vacancy Base: Manchester / Cheshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
The successful Contracting North Division are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to support in self-delivering a wide range of civil engineering solutions across Cheshire and Manchester. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for development to be part of a team that is continuously increasing its presence in new geographical areas. With this opportunity comes a high level of autonomy to manage schemes end to end and recognition for hard work and a willingness to learn.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will be required to:
· Take ownership of the commercial management of multi million-pound schemes
· Manage the contract with our client, including any changes and amendments
· Work with Site Managers to provide expert contractual and commercial advice to the client
· Prepare and present commercial reports for senior management
· Be site based, commuting to different scheme locations as and when required
The successful candidate will have:
· Experience within highways / Civils / Groundwork
· 2/3 years highways industry experience
· Strong IT skills and good knowledge of Microsoft including Excel
· A logical and organised approach to work
· Ability to work on own initiative
Eurovia Contracting works throughout the UK and therefore this role requires flexibility and the ability to commute to schemes across the North, including overnight stays. Travel to head office in Rotherham will also be required 2/3 times per month.
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.