Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
Our successful Contracting South divisional are looking for an Estimator to support in self-delivering a wide range of civil engineering solutions across London. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a varied role with the opportunity to progress and develop.
As the Estimator you will be required to:
· Log all Tenders in / out of Tender System
· Take off ability using adobe Pro or CAD
· Complete financial tender documents and tender submission/delivery arrangements
· Scanning and electronic file transfers into the Estimating System
· Tender data analysis in Excel, eg Sub Contractors/ Suppliers rates
· Estimating from first principles
· Understand and produce tender programmes with assistance
· Actively foster positive staff morale
· Risk analysis of schemes
· Value Engineering and assessment of opportunities to add value to tenders
· Willingly carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of estimating team
The successful Estimator will have:
· A minimum of a years’ experience within a commercial role
· Experience with civils schemes
· Knowledge of NEC and JCT
· 1 in 5 winning strike rate
· A willingness to learn
· Confidence in own ability
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
Read more about working for Eurovia on our careers website
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.