Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
The successful Contracting North Division are looking for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to manage a team of 7 QS’ in self-delivering a wide range of civil engineering solutions across the North and Midlands. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a growing business and help mould the future of the commercial team. This role would suit an experienced QS who enjoys developing and coaching people, looking for their next step in a commercial role.
As the Managing Quantity Surveyor you will be required to:
· Oversee the commercial management of multi million-pound schemes
· Provide commercial guidance and governance for the QS function
· Provide mentoring and training
· Allocate and authorise work accordingly
· Be site based, commuting to different scheme locations as and when required
The successful candidate will have:
· Experience within highways / Civils
· Management experience
· Strong understanding of NEC contract
· Strong IT skills and good knowledge of Microsoft including Excel
· A logical and organised approach to work
Eurovia Contracting works throughout the UK and therefore this role requires flexibility and the ability to commute to schemes across the North, including overnight stays. Travel to head office in Rotherham will also be required 2/3 times per month.
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
Read more about working for Eurovia on our careers website
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.