Business Area: Health, Safety & Environment
Vacancy Base: Bulls Lodge Depot, Chelmsford
Contract Type: Permanent
Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Site Agent who has proven management experience within highways / civil works, experienced and skilled at producing construction highway programmes across a variety of small and large scale highway schemes. You would be responsible for the day to day running of, planning and strategic approach to, site activities while actively promoting company H & S policies. The successful candidate will be committed to growing with our business and have an eye on progression towards becoming a Contracts Manager.
As the Site Agent you will be required to;
- Plan the works delivery, including pre-start meetings, site visits and supply chain partner discussions.
- Engage with Framework Contractors and develop a collaborative community working relationship with other contractors,
- Produce and update construction programmes to deliver works safely and efficiently. Maximise the use of resources, considering cost and value, and reviewing the programme a on regular basis
- Writing, management and implementation of Construction Phase Plans (CPP)
- To manage staff and resources including plant, labour and materials, along with sub-contractors, to complete works efficiently and safely,
- Ensure safety procedures and process are completed at a site level; including safety audits, toolbox talks, daily plant check sheets, weekly plant returns, site inductions
- Use the Integrated Management System (IMS), to promote consistency and high standards across all activities
Ensure Risk Assessments are identified
- Assess Traffic Management requirements and liaise with traffic management supply chain partners
Ensure cost information is entered into Papyrus on a daily basis
- Meet financial targets as set on individual schemes and assist in the financial control of budgets for schemes
- Maintaining contract documentation and communication with Contracts Manager; utilising Early Warnings & Technical Queries as well as writing monthly scheme reports
- Lead site team meetings on a weekly basis and attend progress / any other key contract meetings
- Ensure Appraisals of all staff and operatives are carried out; Actively foster positive staff morale
- Willingly carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of management.
The successful Site Agent will have;
- A proven background in Highways / Civil Engineering
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Skilled at managing & motivating construction operatives
- Good understanding of Quality Assurance
- Working knowledge of specifications, working knowledge of The Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works, and can clearly understand and read drawing
- Experienced and skilled at producing construction highway programmes
- Able to set production targets from programming information and ensure targets are met
- Good knowledge of NEC types of contracts
- CSCS Card (Minimum)
- NRSWA Supervisor, SSSTS, Temporary Works Supervisor (Ideal)
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills - Outlook, Excel (Vlookup, Pivots etc), Projects
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.