Business Area: Surfacing Operatives
Vacancy Base: Station House, 191-195 Windmill Lane, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
Activities of the team/department that this role will operate in;
To supervise the on-site operational aspects of the surfacing team
Purpose of the role and your responsibilities;
Safety - To supervise and ensure all operatives full comply and adhere to all company Health, Safety & Environmental Policies and procedures.
• Cost control - Deliver on site works to Supervisor’s programme, working within the constraints and specification of the contract.
• Waste Asphalt – Ensure materials are laid to correct thicknesses to help reduce waste materials from being sent to tip, which impacts on both cost and environment
• Quality Assurance – To help ensure full compliance to Sector 16, i.e. temperature checks, daily laying records, whilst a “Right 1st Time” approach is adopted at all times.
• Paperwork – Ensure full and accurate completion of all daily record sheets, traffic management sheets, daily plant inspection and defect reports, including any other report sheets, and deliver each Monday to Supervisor / Head office
• Training – To attend programmed training as and when required.
• EFQM / TWWW – Ensure full ownership and compliance with all company systems/policies.
• To carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of management.
• Plant Security, Damage & Defects – Ensure plant is safely parked and secured on site, with damage and defects duly recorded and reported immediately.
Formal qualifications required;
Good general education
Full clean driving licence
Enthusiasm, team player
Flexible in terms of hours worked and attitude
Accuracy/attention to detail
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to work to deadlines
Previous experience in a similar role
Previous knowledge in a similar role
Previous good attendance
Can do - will do attitude
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.