CAD Technician (VN2327)
Business Area: Fleet, Plant & Workshops
Vacancy Base: Station House, 191 - 195
Windmill Lane, Cheshunt
Waltham Cross EN8 9AW
Tel. : +44 2083 449 630
Contract Type: Permanent
Providing vital HR, Finance, IT and other key business services in the highways industry is fast paced, fun and fascinating. Our Shared Service functions work collaboratively to provide the essential business infrastructure that supports effective operations out on the network. Based in Horsham, West Sussex, our friendly teams ensure our divisions can access the resources they need to deliver the high standards their clients and the travelling public have come to expect from us.
Eurovia Contracting are looking to recruit a CAD Technician within Eurovia Contracting’s design team to deliver design development, both internally and with specialist partners. You will produce design information that is construction led and always seek to exceed our customers’ expectations. Your ability to partner with construction and client teams to generate efficiencies and drive innovation in both design development and construction will help Eurovia to become a leading provider.
You will contribute to designs for highway and public realm projects across the UK of a value from £1m to £25m. You will be based at the Eurovia Contracting head office in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire but will be expected to travel and provide direct support that meets the demand of each project.
Purpose of the role and your responsibilities;
• Demonstrate and uphold Health, Safety and Environment responsibilities, including CDM
• Demonstrable experience in the development of Highway and Public Realm space design packages. Ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, upholding relationships and communicating effectively for project delivery
• Application of design management systems and processes ensuring continuous improvement including understanding and application of BIM
• Commercial awareness of project delivery ensuring projects are delivered to time and budget
• Awareness of construction methodologies and processes associated with a construction led design process
• Expert in the use of AutoCAD packages and ability to lead on quality outputs
• Experience in the use of Civils 3D (desirable)
• Provide support to mentor and develop junior members of the design team
The successful candidate will have:
• HNC in Civil Engineering or similar
• Excellent PC skills
• Effective communication
• Good telephone manner
• Time Management
• Organisational skills
• Accuracy/attention to detail
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated initiative
The possibilities are surprising! Working in our Shared Services provides a complete view of our business activities and there are bound to be areas that will unexpectedly pique your interest. We believe in bringing in new talent as much as developing our people to grow in their chosen profession or even taking an unexpected turn in a new direction. We will encourage and support your aspirations for a career you truly enjoy, with a company that truly values your contribution.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.