Business Area: Surfacing Operatives
Vacancy Base: Suite 5B, Avionics House, Newhaven Road, Gloucestershire, Quedgeley,
Contract Type: Permanent
Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
Activities of the team/department that this role will operate in;
To carry out resurfacing works safely, and to a high standard on site at all times.
Purpose of the role and your responsibilities;
Safety - To fully comply with all company Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and procedures.
• Cost control – To ensure company property is properly looked after and maintained.
• Waste Asphalt – To help reduce waste materials on site, i.e. helping to reduce ‘Carbon footprint’.
• Quality Assurance – To help ensure full compliance to Sector 16, i.e. temperature checks, daily laying records, whilst a “Right 1st Time” approach is adopted at all times.
• Paperwork – To accurately complete all daily record sheets, traffic management sheets, daily plant inspection and defect reports, including any other report sheets, and submit to Chargehand / Foreman on completion.
• Training – To attend programmed training as and when required.
• Ensure understanding and compliance with all company systems/policies.
• To carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of management.
• Plant Security, Damage & Defects – To help ensure plant is safely parked and secured on site, with damage and defects duly recorded and reported immediately to Foreman / Contracts Supervisor.
• Report all near misses, hazards or observations
Formal qualifications required;
A good standard of general education
Full UK Driving Licence or will to get driving licence in place.
At least 1 years asphalt experience.
Work effectively within a team environment, cooperating and supporting team members when required.
The ability to undertake a wide range of Manual Handling tasks
An effective communicator
Work accurately with good attention to detail
Use own time effectively to consistently complete work on time to agreed timescales
Promote a positive safety culture in the working environment
Flexible in terms of hours worked and travel
Be polite and courteous when dealing with colleagues, clients and the public
Proactive and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
Undertake any training deemed necessary to enhance performance
Take responsibility for own continuous professional development
Prepared not to smoke in working hours
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.