Business Area: Highways Operatives
Vacancy Base: Foxhall Four Quarry, Foxhall Road, Ipswich, Brightwell, 1P10 0HT
Contract Type: Permanent
Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
Activities of the team/department that this role will operate in;
• Producing Asphalt in accordance with relevant procedures
• Ordering of raw materials and record keeping
• Visual inspections and record keeping of associated equipment
• Static and mobile plant maintenance
• Good time management skills – flexibility
• Health, safety and environmental responsibilities
• Team player
• Provide cover to the weighbridge when times arrive.
• Occasional laboratory duties
Purpose of the role and your responsibilities;
To safely operate the asphalt plant and mobile plant to ensure the production of material in accordance with specified standards and customer order requirements.
The Plant Operative will provide strong support to the Depot Manager, supervisor and the operations team. Having a multi skilled approach through all operational duties on site ensuring clear daily plans are met and that the company continues to perform well. Your specific goals will be:
Formal qualifications required;
This position would suit a person who has developed asphalt plant knowledge from experience of the industry, have good organisation experience, working well within teams, forward thinking with clear direction.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following proven experience/skills:
• Knowledge of process operations
• Material product knowledge
• Can communicate effectively and concisely.
• Good understanding of IT systems
• Proven Team work, Being open and honest and sharing information, giving and receiving constructive feedback. Willing to participate and help out and creating a good team spirit being flexible around working shift patterns.
• Planning and Organising: - Setting priorities. Organising resources to meet objectives. Anticipating problems and developing contingency plans. Plan, do and review
• Creating solutions. Defining issues. Developing a range of solutions. Evaluating pros and cons. Implementing the best solution and sharing. Making decisions on own initiative and with others.
• Achieving Quality. Ensuring product/service/performance meet the requirements of the job/customer
• Customer Satisfaction. Understanding and respecting customer needs. Knowledge of lorry movements and systems used to create on time supplies. Seeking and acting on feedback to ensure satisfaction with service. Responding to enquiries and complaints promptly. Striving to exceed customer expectations
Communicate clearly and concisely, adapting style to the audience to ensure maximum impact. Actively listen to others, demonstrating empathy, sensitive to the skills and views of others, asking sell-structured and searching questions. The skills involved will include the ability to structure and communicate the most difficult ideas and information with relative ease, to provide straightforward and accurate information about the most difficult and complex issues or policies to a range of different audiences internally and externally. To use excellent questioning skills and active listening skills, always backed up with evidence and being able to articulate with well-chosen language, which is appropriate to the audience and with a persuasive and empathic style.
When the challenge is set the person holding this role will adapt to change ideas and plans to meet the shifting dynamic.
Set high standards within the team and determination to see them through, persistent and tenacious when faced with changes or setbacks. Having a flexible working attitude toward the demand of the business and drive health and safety for themselves and those around you.
Adapt to meet new challenges in addition to identifying and introducing changes in order to meet the future requirements of the business unit. Always seek improvements and ways to add value. Help others to be receptive and responsive to change. The skills involved will include a positive attitude to change, resilience and positive attitude when under considerable pressure, ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, and to anticipate future events
The person filling this role will be a very organised person who leaves no free ends to their work. They must be diligent in ensuring completeness in each task.
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.