Quantity Surveyor (VN1959)
Business Area: Commercial, Quantity Surveying & Project Management
Vacancy Base: Linconshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for:
• Work with Site Managers to provide expert contractual and commercial advice to our site teams
• We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team specifically covering the Lincolnshire areas, to take responsibility for the commercial management of multi million pound schemes
• We support your aspirations to develop (we invest in excess of £1million per annum on staff training) and if you want to become RICS or CICES accredited, we can also help you to achieve this.
• Undertake to monitor and manage contract change including dialogue with clients and subcontractors
• Achieve maximum value through good quality subcontract procurement and cost management
• Prepare and present commercial reports, cost plans and cash flow forecasts for senior managers
• Prepare valuations and applications for payment in accordance with the form of contract
• The ideal candidate will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a willingness to work flexibly as part of a wider regional commercial team. You must demonstrate good experience or preferably a detailed knowledge of working with the NEC suite of contracts. The ability to work on one’s own initiative whilst understanding the need to stay within the existing commercial procedures is essential.
The Quantity Surveyor will have:
• Accreditation to or membership of a recognized industry body would be advantageous.
A high level of proficiency in MS Office, including Excel is required for this role and a full UK driving license is essential with a willingness to travel to other offices occasionally.
• The geographical position of this role would probably suit someone who resides in the Lincolnshire area
• A recognized qualification in Quantity Surveying or related subject would be preferred but an extensive breadth of relevant experience in this field is key to fulfilling the requirements of the role.
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.